Preparing for your first class
What you'll need before class
- USJA, USJF or USA Judo Membership (click here for more info)
- Sign up either online beforehand or in person and sign all waivers
- Purchase a Judogi beforehand or buy one from us. If you are buying one yourself, make sure it is a white or blue Judogi and not a uniform made for other martial arts.
- Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated
- Sandals or shoes that are easy to slip on and off. There are no shoes allowed on the mat, and you must not be barefoot when you step off the mat.
- For safety, trim your finger and toe nails before coming to class. Also take off any jewelry.
- Let the instructor know of any medical conditions or injuries. If you have any serious injuries consider consulting a physician before signing up for judo class.